Come Join our Peer Tutoring team – Now Hiring for Spring/Fall 2019
The Tutoring Resource Center offers tutoring in the subjects of Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Meteorology, Psychology, Social Sciences, Women’s Studies, Music, Health Promotion & Exercise, Communication, Spanish/other world languages, and many others.
- Current enrollment as undergraduate or graduate program (any major) at Western Connecticut State University;
- Sophomore standing or above;
- Overall grade point average of 3.2 or higher and a strong background in the field in which you would like to tutor;
- Positive outlook on writing and academic work;
- Demonstrate effective listening skills, compassion for helping others, ability to explain course content concisely;
- Earned a grade of a B + or higher in each of the course(s) one would like to tutor in;
- Previous experience as a tutor or peer mentor;
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively and productively with peers;
- Exemplify an ability to balance both hours as a tutor and dedication
as a WCSU student in respected program i.e. excellent time management skills.
- Previous employment involving customer service.
Hours and Salary
- 5 (minimum) to 15 hours per week
- $12.00/per hour
Tutoring is the best way to reinforce the concepts you’ve learned and you get the satisfaction
of knowing you’re helping fellow students achieve their goals.
- Good Pay ($12 per hour);
- Work right on WCSU campus;
- Set your hours according to your schedule;
- We will pay you while you train;
- Leadership experience;
- Good resume builder providing skills employers are looking for.
Interested students should submit the following:
- Please press button and fill-out the application below (fillable PDF) and then email it as an attachment to TRC Coordinator- Lauren Eddy (email@example.com). One can also drop it off at the TRC Office, Room 206 in the Haas Library Midtown;
- Next, ask a professor or department chair in the subject/course(s) you wish to tutor in for a brief letter of recommendation and ask them to send to TRC Coordinator (via email or internal mail).
For transfer students, a recommendation from prior University faculty member is acceptable.
- Once Coordinator receives your application she will then contact you (via WCSU email or phone call) regarding the recommendation(s) and tentative interview times/days.
- Lastly, have a printed copy of your resume ready for an interview.