Located on the Academic Affairs side of the third floor of University Hall, the IRA office is generally open between 9:00 and 5:00, Monday through Friday.
Jerry Wilcox, Director
The mission of the IRA office is to improve the quality of information for problem solving, decision making, assessment, planning, and effective management of the University.
- Serve on accreditation committees for NECHE and CAEP.
- Chair the WCSU Assessment Committee and serve on the WCSU Committee for Undergraduate Curriculum and Academic Standards (CUCAS).
- Represent WCSU at system-wide meetings of the Institutional Research Council and the Assessment Council.
- Coordinate responses to Federal and state surveys and information requests.
- Summarize faculty workload, enrollment, retention, graduation rates, credit hour production, and related topics for the Provost and academic deans.
- Summarize Student Opinion Surveys for evaluation of classroom instruction, using Remark software and an OpScan6 scanner.
- Respond to ad hoc information requests from faculty and staff.