WCSU students explore the essential body of accounting knowledge, while developing skills needed for entry into the worlds of financial or managerial accounting.Skilled accounting professionals: the foundation of all successful businesses
Experienced accountants work strategically to provide expert financial advice as part of management teams. Their role is vital in making sound business decisions.
Accounting degrees from WCSU lead . . . to successful accounting careers
Accounting is the language of all business. WCSU accounting grads gain problem solving and communication skills, and an understanding of the “big picture” in a highly-competitive business environment.
A graduate of the Accounting Department should be able to:
- Utilize critical thinking and data analysis skills to prepare and analyze financial statements.
- Effectively communicate and convey accounting information orally and in writing.
- Work in a group setting to solve complex financial and accounting problems.
- Identify and resolve ethical issues related to the practice of accounting.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of accounting standards and an ability to resolve problems in the following areas: GAAP-US/IFRS accounting standards, tax rules and regulations, legal issues, fraud principles and standards, and business valuation standards.
Minor Program Sheet
To learn more about the Accounting degree, please follow the links below: